Wednesday, September 21, 2011

An Eye for An Eye

First of all - thank you to everyone who submitted suggested titles for the new chicagoparent.com blog.  I laughed at all of them.  Let's see if the new boss goes for one.

This will have to be a short blog as I just got home after my 24 hour shift with post-cataract-surgery mom.  She's doing well, but I couldn't help but notice the striking similarities between post-op mom and Jack's recent drawing from school:

Same enlarged, disproportionate eye, same loopy expression.

Oh, and one last thing.  Do you think the eye doctor would have given any of these instructions to a man after cataract surgery:
  • No vacuuming
  • No washing the floors
  • No scrubbing toilets
  • No doing heavy laundry
  • No water aerobics (that one just seemed to come out of left field if you ask me)
There is no doubt in my mind that the male-version of post-op directions would have included:
  • No golf
  • No bowling
  • No mowing the lawn
  • No water aerobics (I think the doctor is just generally opposed to water aerobics)
Eh well.  Back to doing laundry, because I don't have a note from my doctor advising me to the contrary.

No comments:

Post a Comment