Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Interview

Today I am doing something a little bit different.  While I still continue to lobby for that dream interview with Donny Osmond, I have miraculously landed an even bigger star (in the blogosphere at least).  Author Julie R. Harrison (mothersofbrothersblog) has recently launched her debut book, Mom’s Had A Rough Day which is a collection of humorous essays that will have you snorting orange juice out your nose.  Although Ms. Harrison would like to point out that citrus in not good for the sinuses, so you may want to consider switching to black coffee when reading  her stuff. 
I’ve decided to employ the classic Proust Questionnaire (this is the same one movie stars answer on the last page of Vanity Fair every month).  Neither Julie (nor her alter ego, MOV) are movie stars  yet, but if it’s good enough for Matt Damon and Brigitte Bardot, by God, it’s good enough for us.

The Interview:

What is your idea of perfect happiness?  Lounging on the beach with my husband and kids, with no concerns other than if we should build a sandcastle first or go boogey-boarding.  
What is your greatest fear?  I do not live my life in fear.  That being said, I don’t jump out of airplanes, so I guess I am cautiously fearless.   

Which historical figure do you most identify with?  Cleopatra.  I kind of dig the eyeliner trick. 
What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?  Perfectionism/ Virgo tendencies.      

What is the trait you most deplore in others?  Not showing up when you say you will.
What is your greatest extravagance?  Eating out.  I am a terrible cook.    

What is your favorite journey?  The one from Florence to Venice.  And then back again.   
What do you dislike most about your appearance?  That I don’t look exactly like Gwyneth Paltrow.  Other than that, nothing. 

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?  “If I were blonder, I would look exactly like Gwyneth Paltrow.” 
What is your greatest regret?  Dropping out of Architecture school.  I would’ve made a damned fine architect.    

What or who is the greatest love of your life?  My husband, my kids, my dad. 
When and where were you happiest?  I was over the moon when I witnessed both my sons’ first steps.  Me.  Not a nanny, not my husband, not grandma.  Me. 

Which talent would you most like to have?  The ability to speak any language.  Unfortunately, I’m still trying to master English (which is my first language).    
What do you consider your greatest achievement?  Besides having my two sons, which is not so much an “achievement” as a miracle, I am proud that I wrote a book and published it.  

If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would it be?  I would love to come back as a Japanese person because they are so prim and proper.  I think the whole country is Virgo.  Or I could come back as an Italian, which is the polar opposite of that.    
What is your most treasured possession?  I try not to be materialistic.  But I’ll say baby photos of my sons, and old black and white photos of my late grandmother.   

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?  Not having anyone to love you. 
Where would you like to live?  On the beach, any beach. 

What is your favorite occupation?  Mom, writer, eater of chocolate (not necessarily in that order).  

What is your most marked characteristic?  My ability to find the best thing to buy in any store, even if the item was somehow hidden.    

What is the quality you most like in a man?  Loyalty, and the propensity to laugh at my jokes. 
What do you most value in your friends?  Good listening skills, and the good sense to pretend to laugh at my jokes.     

Who are your favorite writers?  Laurie Notaro and David Sedaris.  And lately I’ve been reading Merrill Markoe.  I like humor.    
Who is your favorite hero of fiction?  Does Lassie count?    
Who are your heroes in real life?  Every day people that stand up for what is right.     
What are your favorite names?  Griffin and Alden. 

What is it that you most dislike?  Rudeness, impatience, inconsiderate behavior. 
How would you like to die?  At age 105, in my sleep.  In the middle of a really great dream. 

What is your motto?  “Laugh every day.”    

And there you have it. Be sure to check out mothersofbrothersblog.blogspot.com/ today.  You won't regret it!

4 comments:

  1. You are too kind! Thank you!

    xxo
    MOV

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll go a trip from Florence to Venice again for sure - with or without Gwyneth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MOV - Right back at ya, Blondie.

    Julie - Gwyneth's day in the sun is over. MOV, on the other hand, is an entirely different story.

    Andrea - I KNEW he loved me!

    ReplyDelete