Monday, February 18, 2013

Naming Your Baby

When I was pregnant the first time, I wanted to name our son "Jack." It was always my favorite boy name. I eventually relented when my husband's father became very ill and had not a single grandson named after him. My father-in-law's name?  Daniel.

So the order of our children's names was forever changed. 

But had the circumstances been different, the first two boys would have been Jack THEN Daniel.

And what do you suppose I would have named the third?

Coke.

Why, you ask?  Think of the mileage I'd get out of introducing my kids:

Meet my boys...Jack, Daniel, and Coke.

And maybe Coca-Cola would've simply given me this rewards-catalog frying pan for free instead of sucking up my entire 1800 points accrued over 3 years.


I will admit that the pan is the real deal.  It is heavy, well-made and quite attractive.  Coca-Cola doesn't mess around.

I'm thinking of making something healthy tonight in honor of that awesome Coca-Cola Balanced Living Workshop they sent me to a few months ago.  While the workshop and free frying pan are definitely the highlights of the last several months, I can't help but think that had I gone with my original order, I'd be featured on the package of every Coca-Cola product out there.

Or on the cover of a rum bottle.  Which is perhaps more fitting.


31 comments:

  1. Holy awesomeness. That is the best string of names I could ever even imagine. You were denied. But at least you got a sweet red pan to comfort you. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL; I do love the choice of names and your "wicked" sense of humor :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look at you sneaking in some Broadway humor! You and Andrea ought to start hanging out! Thanks, Betty!

      Delete
  3. OMG - I love that pan! I might have to start drinking Coke if it means I can earn one - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. too funny - a friend of mine named their son: Jackson Daniel

    Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Oh, Andrea. My phone has been dead for 2 days now (forgot to charge it), and I have no idea what calibre of monkey or picture awaits. It's killing me!

      Delete
  6. Haha. I named my first 2 Pride and Joy, but they grew up and I had to change it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That struck me so funny I am actually CRYING right now. I wondered why you were talking about baby names. Then I got to the Jack, Daniel, and Coke and nearly peed my pants!!! Girl... thanks for that! (the laughter, not the incontinence!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. POISE!! And why they haven't picked me for their bloggy spokeswoman yet is BEYOND me. Poise could OWN me for the number of times they kept me dry & toasty while reading blogs. Thanks, Kat!!

      Delete
  8. Nice frying pan! Looks like it may have been worth the reward points. I may need your help on baby names...we'll find out what we're having in April. I just know that if it's a boy, we're not naming him gluteus. haha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Gluteus!! I would think about it. The jokes!!

      Can't WAIT to hear what you're having - hope you're feeling okay!

      Delete
  9. You are hilarious. Coke sends you pans?? This is crazy business. My mother should have one. She was an addict for years.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Um, need to clarify that my mom was addicted to Coca-Cola. Not, you know. Coke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the clarification, Vesuv. Though the coke-addicted mom would probably be good for like 100 different blog ideas. What a waste. (;

      Delete
  11. Please don't call Joey a "coke head". That will ruin him for life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now there you go, giving me ideas again Carol. tsk tsk.

      Better go give Coke Head a kiss goodnight now.

      Delete
  12. I want a pan! I wonder if Pepsi does that since I only drink Coke if there is no Pepsi. Maybe I wouldn't be a very good spokesperson for Coke, but still . . . I want a pan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pepsi's reward stuff isn't as good - it's like music downloads and crap (and we all know where I stand on my inability to download music). I'll start saving points for another pan for you! Just give me a few years.

      Delete
  13. As much diet Coke as I drink, how did I not know that you can collect points? If I'd been saving up, I could probably get a minivan by now. Dang!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Oh, Jewels. You're KILLING me! Start saving today - they're little rectangles with dotted codes on the inside of the box. Forget the minivan. Save for a sports car...shouldn't take you too long.

      Delete
  14. Posts like this make me like you even more.

    xxo
    MOV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MOV. You think I'm kidding, right? ha!

      Delete
  15. This is hilarious. You are a very dangerous women!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A dangerous woman with a really heavy frying pan. (;

      Delete
  16. Jack, Daniel, and Coke - ha! I'm still laughing about it.

    ReplyDelete