Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hats Off

The reinstatement of the famed St. Patrick's Day Southside Parade has ushered in a season of discontent to the otherwise quiet and friendly Chicago community of Beverly. 

A war is being waged that pits brother against brother. Neighbor versus neighbor. The McNallys taking on the O'Maras. 

Where is Michael Collins when you need him?

On the one side, you have those who view the parade as a long-standing tradition designed to celebrate Irish heritage.   

On the other side, you have those who get really annoyed when people pee in their alleys.

Both sides have much more thoughtful and well-articulated arguments than I can muster, but that just distracts me from my real focus:

Aren't these hats just the cutest things you've ever seen???





I found this lady's stuff on the Business Moms of Beverly site, and I am totally impressed. Check her out here.

Of course, I can't sew a button on a shirt, so the fact that someone can do this gives me the impression that they might be Jesus.

I know, I know.  I'll stop at confession again after carpool.  My soul can't stay pure for longer than 24 hours.  It's like putting a white turtleneck on a 3-year old.  You know you're going to have to bleach it the next day, but you still try.

4 comments:

  1. They are super cute. :) I haven't gotten around to anything complicated yet, but I'm working on it.

    (I'm not religious or anything, but I think it's the trying that's the important part, yeah?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!..... but I seen you walk, chew gum, and orchestrate activities simultaneously. Besides you can never win the war of matching with the correct button.
    PS: Are you sure they utilized buttons in the days of Jesus?
    SF

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It's like putting a white turtleneck on a 3-year old. You know you're going to have to bleach it the next day, but you still try." Gonna frame it and hang it in the laundry room, right now. thanks for that.

    ps--why do you not live in DC? I know I would completely crack up with hysterics if I ever met you in person and got to hang out with you for 10 minutes.

    best,
    MOV

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skwishee - You guys are so talented. I wish I could do something like this. Even if you tried to teach me, I'm just inept. Don't remind of my of 7th grade Home Ec and what a disaster that was.

    Anonymous - Good point. Jesus?

    MOV - I'm pretty confident you'd realize how very un-cool I am pretty quickly. Ask my friends. I pay them BIG bucks to hang. (;

    ReplyDelete