Sunday, December 18, 2011

Skwishee Saves the Day

My husband had the bright idea to take the boys ice skating yesterday.  For whatever reason, he asked if I would come along.  I hate cold weather sports.  I can't ice skate.  I am counting down the days until we abandon our children to their respective Illinois universities and head to Texas, Florida, or Arizona. 

Yet in shooting this footage of Joey learning to skate, I now feel confident that he is most certainly my child.  Look at the angry arm flap as his brother literally skates circles around him:


So after a couple of hours of near hypothermia, we headed home.  Everyone in the minivan was in a good mood except yours truly, who was trying to figure out how her socks got wet.

Anyway, everything shifted when I checked the mail and found a package addressed to me.  You know I'm a present junkie, right?  It was from Canada!  Exotic!  Inside, I found two awesome home-made Star Wars ornaments from Skwishee over at Just a Mum.  The boys fought over who could put them on the tree.   I tried explaining to my husband again what a blog is and where Skwishee came from.



Why I didn't start blogging years ago, I'll never know.  They never told me about the prizes.  But pass it along:  there are prizes!

Merry Christmas, blogosphere!  You have given me more than you'll ever know!  And thank you, Skwishee!!

6 comments:

  1. Haha!!! That was funny. Jack really did skate circles around him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's skating very well for 4. We need to get video of Marianne on the ice while I skate circles backwards around her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging be wonderful! I mainly avoid the cold, unless the dog is really wanting to play and there is snow and not ice, or I will brave the cold for food. Otherthanthat, nope. Driving in it with a big ole 4x4 with a good heater is fun. My wife was concerned about me going out in the semi-blizzard a year ago right after I got the truck, and more importantly had new tires to play with. I told her, "Honey, they make snowplows outta F-350's"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary - He'll probably end up being the best one on the ice!

    Anonymous - there will never be footage of me on the ice. What's the saying...the bigger they are, the harder they fall?

    esbboston - I'm with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're very welcome. I know it's not botox, but I thought you might like them anyway. ;)

    ReplyDelete