Friday, December 23, 2011

No Better Present

I didn't think anything could top Jack's excitement that it was Pajama Day at school yesterday.  Boy, was I wrong.

Nothing I could write could better explain the surprise gift who showed up at his class (sorry about the commercial that comes first, it's only a few seconds):



View more videos at: http://nbcchicago.com.

My favorite quote from Army Sgt. John La Giglia: "I've been all around the world, and there's nothing like the South Side of Chicago."

God bless you, Sgt. La Giglia. Thank you and welcome home.


4 comments:

  1. Good Morning Marianne
    Your two latest post are heartwarming as well as thought provoking. This is what the holiday season is all about...Thank you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Mar, that is incredible. I love that you showcased that beautiful moment. Were your ears ringing? Sarah K. and I talked about your amazing spirit and grace at Mary's on Christmas Eve. I'm so lucky that you're forced to be my sister through DNA. I'm blessed to have you in my life.

    Love

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh... it is Christmas... and I am taking a moment of my own to read my favorite blog... and then the water works start!! I was catching up on the last few days, and wow has it brought up so many old feelings & memories. Thank you for reminding me. But really... crying.. on CHRISTMAS??? you should have warned us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maplewood - Thank you and best wishes to you and your family!

    Meg - Grace? Have you seen me run? It's embarrasing. Love you!

    Kristi - I'm sorry! From now on, I'll post warnings. Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete