Sunday, December 11, 2011

Those Disney People Are Sick

I was at Kohls yesterday buying black pants, a button down shirt, and a tie for Jack's upcoming violin recital this week per the request of the instructor.  Considering how fast Jack grows, he'll probably only get one wear out of it before it's too small.  Thanks, Maestro.  But at least I had a 30% off coupon.

Anyway, I decided to cruise past the toy section.  For those of us with boys, it's a lot easier to buy things for Christmas with boys there instead of girls.  My niece was with us and looked suspicious at everything I did.  My boys, on the other hand, were quite oblivious and accepted whatever lies I told them (see: Adam & Eve).  As I threw a couple of toys into the cart, Dan asked who the presents were for.  They're for poor kids, I advised.   While I do actually buy gifts for the needy, I use this excuse anytime I'm getting stuff for them, too.  My son accepted the lie easily and continued to ogle the Beyblades section.

There was one toy Joey would not put down.  Have a look (don't forget about my blog about the marketing fiends at Disney):


I thought Mickey seemed rather odd, yet when I pressed the button, he got all Tim Burton on me:


Shouldn't this be in an adult bookstore instead of the kids' section at Kohls? 

I threw it in the cart.  Mickey was 40% off and I still had my coupon.  I couldn't pass him up.  Plus, I needed something for the blog.

4 comments:

  1. You are a sick woman!! No wonder we get along so well. Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have three of those (non Mickey ones) and the kids' favorite thing to do is stick their fingers in the moutns so they bite them. I don't know what that says about us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the freaking hell is Mickey supposed to be doing?! Really... what is the stated purpose of this toy? I need to know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missy - I've never disputed that fact.

    Kelly - You're as oddball as us?

    Skwishee - It's supposed to be a "sing-a-long" toy. ???

    ReplyDelete