Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Tattooed Lady

So little Jack and I walk in the funeral parlor yesterday with our supply of baked goods (courtesy of Atheist-Friend) and toys (courtesy of my Goodwill stash). I can't help but notice a heavily-tattooed woman wearing a flimsy one-strap tank top strategically positioned to show off her collection of unicorn, tiger, and warrior tattoos.  I'm a little surprised. This is not the typical mourning attire one is accustomed to seeing on the southside of Chicago.

Jack (noticing my double-take):  Mom?

Me:  Yeah, Jack?

Jack (whispering conspiratorially):  I think her pictures are still drying.

Do tattoos need time to dry?  I walked by her again later and started re-thinking my plan to get a shamrock tattoo with my kids' names on my 40th birthday.   A whole new world of inspiration was right there in front of me.

I've now decided upon warrior princess riding an elephant.  I mean, why not?

9 comments:

  1. I'd like to be the first to talk you back into the shamrock. Or pick a smaller animal. By the time you're 80 it will probably sag so much it will look like an elephant anyway. P.S. Sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely warrior prince riding an elephant. Love it. Make sure you get it some place really classy like stretched clear across your boobs. That's my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You better not. DAD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone on teleBision recently used the line "I have a flesh colored tattoo of myself drawn over my entire body." I think it was a sitcom ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. As long as you tattoo the kids' names on the elephant's butt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, marianne. this is obviously just the booze and the grief talking. when you come out of your coma of sadness, you will realize that a warrior princess on an elephant is just plain dumb. Do something classy like erica said, maybe a warrior princess on a TIGER. You know I'm right (you can thank me later).

    best,
    MOV

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all. Reason is kicking in again. But I'm still pushing my husband to get that Celtic cross one day....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry Mar, I meant to cover all of that up prior to arriving, but your Aunt Ellen wanted to be there at a specific time. Plus, nothing says, "I'm sorry for your loss," like unicorns, tigers, and warriors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sus - I know you only meant the best. (;

    ReplyDelete