Sunday, November 6, 2011

Cake! They Had Cake at Holly Days!!

What a great fundraiser last night!  As mentioned, my across-the-street neighbor Holly put together a multi-vendor showing of unique gifts where 10% of proceeds went to the National Association for Down Syndrome. 

Holly, her son Nate, and my husband's across-the-street neighbor growing up, Jimmy McDonnell.  It is virtually impossible to find anyone in Beverly with whom you don't share a common bond.  Or a common beer.

In addition to being a great social event, I learned that several of our local moms are quite talented.  One of my  bus moms (moms I hang with at the bus stop while waiting for various children to arrive home from school) is a talented photographer and sells beautiful cards and photos.


You can check out more of Becky's stuff at http://www.facebook.com/#!/earlybirdphoto
Then, I located my favorite gift of the night.  Maria-the-Cake-Lady handed out big chunks of delicious, mouth-watering treats that left me close to tears.  So I debated how to convince my husband to get me this for Christmas.  Everything on the cake is completely edible, including the bottles:

Call Maria at Caketopia for your own private creation: 708.220.4129
So I was all set on the cake-as-Christmas-present until I found a vendor that sold these beautiful handmade necklaces. I asked my pals if I should just leave the brochure laying around and suggest to my husband that this is what I wanted for Christmas.  They instead suggested that I buy it now and just hand him the invoice for the holidays along with a loving "Thank you, darling." 

My necklace will be arriving in a few weeks.

Check our more designs at http://www.etsy.com/shop/our4sonsandourgirl


Thank you Holly & Nate and we're all looking forward to next year's cakes. fundraiser!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great time had by all accompanied by help for Christmas shopping husbands
    SF

    ReplyDelete