Monday, November 14, 2011

Possibly My Last Blog Entry Ever

I am taking an interval class this morning.  I don't know for sure what I'm getting myself into.  I believe Atheist-Friend started sensing my hesitation last night and dangled the old, "you can use it for your blog" carrot in front of me.  For public record, here is an exact lead-up to my imminent demise:

Atheist-Friend: Walk tomorrow morning (Sunday)? We could walk past a church.

Me: Joe is at 2nd job tomorrow.  Monday?

Atheist-Friend: You can come with me to my 9:45 class tomorrow. You'll be home by 11 (Joey's return time).

Me: What kind of class is this?

Atheist-Friend: Interval. You'll be fine. Light weights and a low step. Did you try the potatoes? (Atheist-Friend had given me a container of "smashed potatoes" and a bag of home-made chocolate chip cookies the night before).

Me: I had a bite, but the cookies distracted me. What's interval? Do I need to be coordinated? I am not coordinated. So not coordinated. Like, anti-coordinated.

Atheist-Friend (email dripping with sarcasm):  I've never noticed your lack of coordination before.

It was lovely knowing you all.  Feel free to add your own comments to my online obituary. 

Interval training indeed.

8 comments:

  1. 'Exercise' does not usually make the 'cause of death' box on the death certificate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous Atheist-Friend: You're right. They usually have to check "heart attack," or "stroke." You know they're going to kill me this morning, right? xoxo Fatty O'Tatty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is this interval training? Have fun! You will rock Marianne! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is extremely coordinated when required.
    SF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well then now would be a good time to start praying you don't have a pre-existing heart condition.

    Love,

    Atheist-Friend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just get a spot in the back so that you can slack when no one's looking.

    Just kidding, I'm sure you'll do great!

    (But, if not, I'll miss you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how they make workout classes with non threatening names : "Interval", "Spin", "Zumba"... Generally speaking the nicer the name, the harder the class. Just once I wish they would name the classes appropriately : "Tears", "This really does hurt", "I bet you wish you stayed home". All kidding aside I bet you do great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know what Interval was.
    Looked it up.
    Hey, that's what my entire life already is.
    So, this must be my correct BMI already (?bizarre?), interesting.
    I think I'll have another piece of cake and glass of milk.
    Okay, it really just a half of a glass of milk.
    But at least its cold.

    ReplyDelete