Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

In addition to my Chicago Parent list of things for which I am thankful, I also came across a few new items to add to the list.

Jack has left about a dozen paper turkeys all over the house this week.  And every time I find one, I smile.  I am thankful to have children who crack me up every day of my life:


I also don't think there is anything cuter than a preschooler with a note pinned to his sweater.  While I have zero confidence in Joey's ability to remember to hand over his field trip money at school, I am still thankful for having this image permanently sealed in my mind:



I am also thankful to have a son who goes the extra mile for his mom.  Daniel has an amazing work ethic and while his brothers grow bored and distracted with chores, Danny completes every task to the letter.  He also puts up my Christmas tree every year and he actually reads the directions.  For Daniel, I shall feel extra thankful today:


I am also thankful that I have gone several weeks with the new carpet and not a single stain has appeared.  I am thankful for my husband who is reluctantly allowing me to implement a "no shoes" rule until the first recorded stain.  I know my days of the perfect rug are numbered, but I will always be thankful I had them. 

It kind of reminds me of a musical.  Because inside my head, everybody is actually wearing costumes and singing:

Don't let it be forgot
That once there was a spot
For one brief shining moment that was known
As Camelot.


May you find your Camelot today!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving O Great Scribe and all those fellows keeping you company.
    SF

    ReplyDelete