Sunday, April 8, 2012

Camelot Revisited

I don't know if I've ever gone into what a big Kennedy fanatic my mother is.  Next time I am over at her house, I will be sure to take pictures of her personal Kennedy Library filled with hundreds of books and magazines on the subject.  She even purchased an item from the Sotheby's Jackie Onassis auction years ago.  Growing up Irish and Catholic, she felt a certain kinship to the young, good looking Mick from Boston. 

When I told her that her 2nd grandson was going to be named Jack, she beamed.

So even though I'm skipping around the order of things, I wanted to share this very Kennedy-esque moment of Jack tossing around the football on the beach:


Should anyone out there remember this after my demise, please be sure it makes it into the Jack P. Walsh presidential library, won't you? 

Happy Easter everyone!

5 comments:

  1. I thought you were going to keep the boys away from the shark infested water!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so curious as to what the auction item was...how cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, Little Joey the shark biter kept them at bay.
    SF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary - Oops.

    Andrea - It was a picture - I'll take a photo and post sometime!

    SF - Dat's right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My grandmother was a Kennedy connoisseur as well.
    In Florida, we stayed at St. Augustine Beach for 2 of the 10 days. Great weather (when it wasn't raining).

    ReplyDelete