Wednesday, June 6, 2012

On the Father's Side

Jenny McCarthy and I typically don't agree on much, but I think she got something right about the good ol' fashioned southside guy last week.

For more, CLICK HERE for my essay in today's Chicago Parent.


  1. Marianne, what a heart warming story. Wow...gave me goosebumps reading it.

    As someone who lost his father at the young age of 9, I know how important it is to have a man and/or father active in a child's life. Even with my loss, I always felt he was with me and still is.

  2. Hmmmmmmp! You left out the daily beatings.
    SF QQ :)

  3. I love this, so much!!!

    Wish I had something more interesting to say, but really, "I love this" pretty much sums it up!


  4. The world needs more days like the dads of Southside! My dad died when I was 18 months old so I didn't have the opportunity to experience a dad's involvement in my life; so important to have a dad who is hands on, loves his kids, loves their mother and wants to do life with them so to speak! Great words written!


  5. Maplewood - I am so sorry about your dad. I have no doubt he is with you, and very proud.

    SF - And the burnt burgers?

    itsadomelife - Thank you!

    Catherine - Welcome! I LOVE new followers! Your new member puppy will be shipped shortly. (;