Saturday, May 14, 2011

Loose Pigs Tell No Tales

I got to tell you, I was having a bad morning.  Every little boy in my household was putting up a stink about something.  So as I shoved the last school-aged child out the door, I noticed something funny on our (faux) fireplace mantle:


Daniel had lost his piggy bank "plug" months ago, but still insisted on putting his money in it.  I was getting more and more annoyed as I continued to find loose change sprinkled around the house from his uncorked pig.  I finally yelled at him to figure something out and apparently, he did...using paper like one would do with a poorly trained dog. 

Finding this made me laugh. Just as Danny made me laugh a few weeks ago when I found a bunch of plastic cups in the freezer.  He was imitating his daddy's habit of freezing a few glasses at a time for beer. I didn't have the heart to tell him that apple juice served in a plastic cup really didn't measure up, so we've kept up the practice and currently have a freezer full of plastic White Sox cups we brought home last summer.

These goofy little people we sired keep me laughing even when they're not around.  I suppose that is one of the reasons I'm doing this blog for the next year.  If I didn't, these kinds of things would be lost in the annals of my damaged brain and forgotten forever.  This way, I can print up my memories when I'm through, and still have a good laugh long after they've grown up, moved out, and blame me for everything. 

While loose pigs can tell no tales, a mom with a blog and 8 loyal followers can tell all.

1 comment:

  1. It took months for loose change to start driving you crazy. I wouldn't have made it a day.

    ReplyDelete