For the record, here is but a sampling of the titles I endured along the way:
- Old Country Buffet: Bus Boy (nobody cared that I had boobies).
- Chuck E. Cheese: Serving Staff/Costumed Idiot. Kids kicked me every day, as though big giant rats do not have feelings or nerve endings.
- Denny's: Waitress. I actually met a lot of nice truck drivers here. Truck drivers are very good tippers by the way.
- Eastern Illinois University Food Service: Line Server (but I eventually was promoted to payroll clerk because the large German woman who ran the joint loved me. Like loved-me/loved-me).
- School District 140: Substitute Teacher. This job reminded me how much I don't enjoy working with children.
- Sakura Bank: Accounts Receivable Department. Once a week, the Japanese managers asked that I dress up as Godzilla and take pictures with the staff. It was kind of like being back at Chuck E. Cheese but without tokens.
All to get here:
|The New January Re-Launch of the Magazine|
|Page 34! Click HERE to read what I wrote.|
Totally worth it.
*Chicago Parent is a free publication circulated throughout the Chicagoland area. Paid paper subscriptions are available by emailing:
Electronic versions can also be accessed at iTunes and Kindle through the newsstand. I will also link to any articles made available on chicagoparent.com here on my blog.