Friday, December 7, 2012

When Donuts Die


I think I'm going to have to bring donuts to Caroline Connors at The Review to thank her for the nice write-up below.
 
The sad thing is, Dat Donut is no longer on 111th.  Dat Donut owned me.  What to do...what to do?
 
The Beverly Bakery donuts I brought to Chicago Parent Magazine yesterday were a hit.  I was there doing a super-fancy "photo shoot" which highlighted the glory of my 7 chins for the new column starting in January.
 
After that, I met up with Miniature Friend and some of the gals to celebrate her November birthday (which I delayed because I had to fit into that bridesmaid dress).  Miniature Friend walked into the restaurant carrying the proof copy of my new book and a stranger ran up to her, excitedly, to ask:
 
What are you READING???
 
I swear to God, she was not a paid actress.
 
So that made me really happy.
 
Anyhoo, I am sorry for not being particularly pithy as of late.  I promise that once I start sleeping a little better and cutting down on my Red Bull intake, things will return to normal.  Or at least as "normal" as you have ever known me to be (borderline at best).
 
Thank you again to everyone who has shown such wonderful support.  This has been a crazy ride, but also a whole lot of fun!
 

19 comments:

  1. 1. I love donuts with all of my heart.

    2. I just emailed the link to the book to Mr. Claus. (Fingers crossed that he actually buys me something this year instead of offering to let me 'unwrap his Yule log')

    3. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Unwrap his Yule Log?" That is really funny, but I'm not sharing it with Joe. He'd totally steal it. Thanks for the congrats!

      Delete
  2. CONGRATS GIRLIE and you DO NOt have 7 chins!! hahha on Jennifer's comment up their I am going to ask the hubs if he needs his yule log wrapped heehee?? I am so happy to say I knew you when you stared all this :]
    pssst normal is over-rated..... I like you just the way you are!!! (you can see that last line if you want I did)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will steal it! I love you just the way you are, too HeY J. Thanks for the kind words and ignoring all my chins. You are a true friend.

      Delete
  3. Congrats Marianne on your continued fame. When I saw the story about you in the Beverly Review....I dropped my steaming hot cup of coffee, which sent my darling Beagle named Scout running for cover onto the front porch and into the street which made a car slam on it's brakes causing it slide into the light pole, knocking it down onto a nearby roof, which then caused the home's ceiling to fall onto the family's christmas tree that then broke into a gazillion pieces all the glass ornaments causing the homeowner multiple cuts to his feet which caused him to be rushed to the hospital where he took the last available treatment room, which meant no other treatment rooms were available for patients which then caused a small riot in the ER, which alarmed the staff so much that the police were called and since there were a shortage of onduty police, the air raid sirens were activated to call for volunteers, which sent the whole community into a tizzy and then the National Guard had to be called to put down the rioting etc. See what you caused?

    MBF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why I am here, MBF. To keep things interesting.

      Regardless of the chaos, hope you enjoyed the article!

      Delete
  4. Seriously - what is normal anyway??!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait...what? People are walking around with the book? Outrageous! You look fantastic in your latest publicity photo there Marianne Walsh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh.

      I totally took it back from her after dinner, Andrea. It wasn't like she slept with my book that night, unlike certain unbalanced bloggers we know.

      Sadly, I did get a little drool on it.

      Delete
  6. What about cupcakes? Cupcakes make lovely thank you gifts, too :)

    Congrats! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cupcakes!! Perfect! On it!

      And thank you so much for the kind words.

      Delete
  7. I just liked Epic Mom on FB :) I'm so excited to read the book and love hearing about all your dealings with it!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Betty. Tell me if it gets old. I can switch gears anytime. You know how I tend to get on a tangent....

      Delete
  8. I tried to read that review on The Review, but I'm not a subscriber. Whatever. Guess I'll just wait till I get my copy.

    (The term 'yule log' will never be the same again.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What the reader really wants is a Joe tell all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. May I suggest “xanadu” Rush 1977 or “2112” Rush 1976 as possible soundtracks for when your book becomes a major motion picture. I would also get the book out to Brangelina so they can begin preparing for their parts.

    ReplyDelete