Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Joe is Totally On the News. In a Bathing Suit.

There is so much in today's Chicago Parent post that I can't even begin to explain.  So please click HERE to read about one wacky day.

If you go directly to the CBS link HERE and check out matters starting at :27 seconds, you may understand why I married my dreamy, dreamy husband.  Despite his Chicago accent and affinity for swearing.

I don't think we packed enough flotation devices. 

At Redamak's after the beach.  You can still see sunscreen and sand if you look carefully enough.

Ice Cream at Oink's.  I always offer to help "clean up" any dripping cones, which is why I can proudly say I have tasted just about every flavor.  Milky Way is the best.

9 comments:

  1. Very strict rules on helping with ice cream cones here...age and just how "licked" things have gotten. I am sorry, but some cones just can't be saved without a dish and spoon on my watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe is really a sweet guy to protect you like that. Engineering the beach trip is brilliant -- are you sure he didn't plant the news crew?

    This is two posts in a row where I get to hear Walk voices. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People say I have a Chicago accent, but I don't hear it. Joe on the other hand practically sounds like an SNL skit..."Da Bears."

      Delete
  3. Nice to hear your huband's voice. Since you are married to a fireman, you should not worry about catastrophes of any sort, I say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But doesn't the doctor's wife always die young and the shoemaker's kids go barefoot?

      Delete
  4. In an effort to fuel your overreactivity-ness-dom, I feel compelled to tell you that my son broke his leg during a wrestling match, and my daughter broke her leg (in three places) while sledding. No, she didn't run into anything, she used her leg as a brake. Break. You can thank me later for that bit of info. And, strangely enough, it was my husband's affinity for swearing that attracted me during his wooing of me. :)

    You're running out to buy leg reinforcements, aren't you...

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHERE THE HELL IS MY XANAX???

      Thanks for sharing, Andi. Googling "reinforcements" now.

      Delete
  5. Fact: Ice cream is a super food which means it has super powers. It protects your family from random accidents. Eating it daily increases its powers. I'm SURE I read that somewhere I just can't find my source right now.

    ReplyDelete