Thursday, November 29, 2012

My First Cover Bomb

Thank you to the following bloggers/goddesses who were strong-armed to help "Get Out the Like" on the new Epic Mom's Facebook page!

JR - The Concoctions of My Life
Andrea - Maybe It's Just Me
Ali - My Suitcase Full of Tricks
Jewels - Frazzled & Frumpy

With your guys' help (and a few other non-blogging friends and family), the new page has almost 150 "Likes" (in prize terms, that's a book and a half!).  

In addition, my favorite (and slightly off-kilter) misanthrope Gweenbrick offered up his cartoon doppelganger performing a "Cover Bomb."

I nearly peed myself.

Gweenbrick is one of the only bloggers I know who makes me sad, uncomfortable, and confused as I wipe away tears of laughter.

If you're feeling bummed that I haven't asked you to do anything yet, loyal reader, fear not.  You're on the list.  I'm a-comin'.  No blog will go unturned.  No writer will go unused.

I am nothing if not a marketing mastermind with very little talent but great exploitation skills.  I'm practically Paris Hilton.

Why just look at the nifty rack cards I had printed up to drop in every office, school, and crack den I come across:


If you're scared I'm going to ask you to accompany me on the book tour to carry my bags (not beyond my realm of delusional thinking), feel free to drop me your address to be put on "Rack Card Duty" and I'll ship you some!  Then you're totally off the hook!  Email: mostlymarianne@gmail.com

That is until the next book comes out:  Epic Pain in the Ass

Thank you to everyone who is suffering through this with me.  You guys are real friends.  I've even dropped the "cyber" part.  I'd go drinking with all of you (except my Mormon bloggers, who I find particularly funny...ironic given they don't have the aid of alcohol to inspire them.  Apparently Jesus trumps liquor in terms of getting the creative juices flowing).

Cheers!  (I'm raising a coffee so everyone can participate).

Darnit.  My husband just told me that some Mormons don't drink coffee.

I've got Tang if that works.

26 comments:

  1. Do let us know when it hits the shelves because I will get a copy, like I said, and will review it on my blog :)

    Gosh, do they still make Tang?

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks, Betty!

      I'm supposed to get the proof in a couple of days. Due to Christmas time constraints, I'll probably have to just approve it as is and work in any changes later. The first edition will be like the famed "Inverted Jenny" stamp. A couple of goofs, but a collector's item nonetheless.

      At least the story I'm sticking with.

      Delete
    2. I can't wait to download it on bit torent from the firehouse.

      Delete
  2. I'm super excited for you. And if you can put up with my feeble upper body strength, count me in for the book tour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you throw me a princess-themed book signing party? How cool would that be? I know you've got that awesome shoe-chair. I think about that shoe-chair every day of my life. Well that, AND Jesse Spencer from House (now Chicago Fire).

      Delete
  3. Mormons don't drink coffee, your husband is correct. But we ARE awfully funny :) And Tang will do just fine. Congrats on the new book! And I'd be happy to carry your bags . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judy. WOW. I was thinking I could probably do without alcohol, but no coffee??

      You guys are definitely going to get the 1st class seating section in heaven.

      Delete
  4. Hey Marianne,
    I saw JR's post last night- I'm making the rounds trying to catch up. This is fantastic! I'm raising my coffee cup to you. I don't do Facebook, but I like you anyway.
    Hugs, T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Facebook or no...I'm so happy you like me. Because I'm a little bit Sally Field after all.

      Thank you, Tina!

      Delete
  5. YAY! The book is awesome (I should know) and I will hop over to FB and like you. But not really "like" you, if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An in-the-know editor if I ever heard one.

      Thanks again for all your help, Kirby!! We made additional changes, so start praying that the book is at least 98% error-free and I'll be happy!

      Delete
  6. Yay Yay Yay! Congratulations and I'm so happy for you. :)

    I don't drink coffee.. I don't think the world's quite ready to handle me caffeinated... or drunk ...good heavens now that would be something..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smart girl, Larissa. Stay away from that nonsense as long as possible. Or at least until you have quadruplets. Then? All bets are off.

      Delete
  7. Can I carry your bags? I feel it could be a boom to my social life if I had some cards to distribute. A reason and excuse to bother unsuspecting strangers? Sign me up! The is even a bulletin board at Target.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um. They haven't arrived in the mail yet? Stupid postal system.

      Kidding. I was waiting for the formal okay to send your 10,000 card supply.

      You think I'm kidding, don't you?

      Love you Andrea! And you can carry my bags anytime you want. Sadly, the only bags I have anymore are the ones under my eyes. Hope you're strong!

      Delete
    2. I have the strength of ten hamsters! only 10,000?

      Delete
  8. I keep imagining people in crack dens lounging around reading your book. That cover bomb is the the best. Is there going to be a book tour? I think I just got even more excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crack den people LOVE me. I always carry munchies.

      I'm putting together the marketing packet now, so keep your fingers crossed that the big tour will include towns where people raise slow-to-produce-eggs kinda chickens.

      I GOTTA see those chickens!

      Delete
  9. Congrats on the new book! How exciting!

    And do they still make Tang? Now I've got a craving...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tang lives. In my heart and in my 'fridge.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  10. No alcohol or coffee here, I think it's the sleep deprivation that keeps me going. (I do like Tang, but if you offered me a diet Coke, I'd never leave your side.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, Jewels. I'm not going to even tell you about my Diet-Coke 2-day excursion coming up. And if you think I'm kidding, STAY TUNED.

      Delete
  11. So excited for you! I can't wait to read it! Feel free to send me some cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoo hoo! Congrats on the book Marianne! I don't drink (not Morman either), BUT coffee is my friend and makes me very happy and jittery at times!!!

    You are going to have big success with your book my friend!!!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always had a Goddess complex, and now you have set it in stone. I am a GODDESS!!
    You are welcome, and I would drink some alcohol with you, and then cure our hangovers with coffee and tang the next day. I'm that kind of gal. Oh, and I am going to email you my address so I can get some of those brochures and also to send you a pic of myself posing with the EXACT same thing you have posed with in one of your past pictures. Soul Sista's! I feel like this comment is blahfkhdkfhaskfhj and is showing my profound use of too much coffee in the morning. My fingers won't stop typing.

    ReplyDelete