Friday, April 26, 2013

Chicago Show For Mothers - May 5th!

In a little over one week, a group of Chicago-area women will be taking the stage to share true tales of motherhood.  I am so honored and excited to be a cast member of the 2013 Listen to Your Mother show on May 5th at the The Athenaeum Theatre (2936 N. Southport Avenue, Chicago) and hope everyone considers going!

As someone who has been known to experience paralyzing stage fright, my plan is to down one hearty shot before going on.  Mum's the word.  I think the producers are already second-guessing my casting and questionable influence on the far-classier members of the troupe.



The voices and backgrounds of the selected artists are as wildly diverse as the topics. I am dying to give you a sneak peek into these fantastic readings, but the producers remain keenly aware of my deficiencies in the area of secret-keeping.  They have also issued a confidentiality agreement and are holding me to that most sacred of promises...   

The pinky-swear.

No matter.  I will take this risk for you, loyal reader, and confirm that the show is an emotional journey spanning tears and laughter, life and loss, and that one little word that looms so large throughout all the days of our lives:

Mom.

So think about grabbing a mother you know and heading over May 5th!  Tickets can be bought by visiting HERE.

As an aside, I am dedicating my reading to all those who have lost their moms far too soon and who would give anything to "listen to their mother" just one more time.

I hope to see a few friendly faces there!

And please pray that I don't suck. 

24 comments:

  1. Congrats, Marianne! I am so thrilled for you. I know that you will be awesome. Break a leg!

    xxo
    MOV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! What do you think...two shots maybe?

      Delete
  2. You will not suck! But you do sorta suck for making me cry this morning. I would very much give anything to listen to my opinionated momma one more time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No crying, no crying - only laughing. And drinking. ;)

      Delete
  3. Yeah, Marianne - you do suck! Today is actually my Mom's birthday and I was emotional enough before reading this. You're going to do awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry - I hope your mom is watching & realizes what an awesome mom, friend, and wife you are. You are da bomb, lady.

      Delete
  4. Oh, my! I am going to this show. I am so excited. I read last year in the NWI show and can't wait to support the readers this year.

    Also, Yah! I will get to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ARE YOU REALLY COMING????!!! I'm over the moon! Email me if you want details on the after-party dinner! mostlymarianne@gmail.com. I will love you and hug you and call you George!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the dedication. I sure lost my mom too soon. I am older than she was when she died. I didn't get to ask her about her pie crusts and her menopause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry you lost your mom young. There is so much we learn from our mothers, but too often the important questions don't dawn on us until way late. Love to you, Carol!

      Delete
  6. I consider you able to do the impossible, Superstar...so have you figured out how to move this closer to where I live? So thrilled for you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? NY to Chicago...like 13 hours right? I'm expecting you to arrive by Saturday to attend Jack's First Communion. Disregard the little ant problem we're having right now. They're trying to dry out from the great flood of 2013. I've named them.

      Delete
  7. Congrats! It sounds really exciting. And you definitely won't suck! But I think a drink beforehand is totally appropriate :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What about an entire bottle? I bet I'd be SUPER funny (at least in my own mind, no?). Thanks, Kianwi!

      Delete
  8. I cannot wait!!!!!
    I will drink a shot before the show too.
    You know.
    So you won't feel alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a friend and a lady, Kari! Thank you!

      Delete
  9. Marianne, you won't suck. Congratulations, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I am sure you won't suck, so stop beating yourself up. You're gonna kick ass! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, congrats Marianne - I'd love to hear/see the show. Will it be recorded?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will! I'll post link when it becomes available. Thank you, Julie!

      Delete
  12. I wish I could come! And I'm pretty sure you won't suck, but I'll say a prayer, just in case. ;)

    ReplyDelete